Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fun in the summer

As I said in my "back to school" post, we've had a busy summer. From going back and forth to Maria's parents in Dallas for surgeries (hip replacement for mom--ouch!) and hospital stays (perforated colon for dad--ouch!), to Uncle Skip and McKinley visiting us, to me teaching a class during second summer session, to getting ready for the new year at A&M, I don't even feel like we had the typical summer "break".

Oh, and then, there is the fun news--see the picture of Maxwell below, read his shirt, and you should be able to figure things out (if you don't already know). We are all excited, but Maria has had a terrible bout of nausea for the past 4-5 weeks so Maxwell and I have been a little more on our own than usual (she's been here, but when you feel like she has, you don't move around a lot!).

Thanks to my mom and dad for coming in to help me with Maxwell while Maria took some time to go help her parents out. We'll share more about the visit from Uncle Skip and McKinley soon!

1 comment:

Scott and Michele said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys! Hope to make it to College Station soon to see yall!

Michele Hoelzle