Saturday, April 10, 2010

That time of year again


We are in the height of bluebonnet season in this part of Texas so we would feel like we were shirking our responsibility as Texans if we didn't post some bluebonnet pictures on the blog (I was born and raised here so I'm folding my entire family into that identity--Maria still doesn't fully claim her "Texanhood"). Last year, my parents were here to help us capture our annual bluebonnet pictures with the boys, but this year they are in California helping my grandparents out so this is also our attempt at helping them stay up on how the boys are doing (or rather, making them miss the boys and Texas even more than I'm sure they already do!).

I'm going to let the pictures say the rest--these were all taken out by the Bush Presidential Library complex at A&M (which is also where my office is so I get to drive by these beautiful fields each day).

...and what photo shoot isn't complete without a meltdown? Miller threw himself facedown in the bluebonnets and when we went to help him up, Maria said, "Wait! Let me take a picture!"
...you gotta love that face!

1 comment:

Swizz said...

We're doing that tomorrow! Maybe we'll snag your idea of a spot...sounds better than the medians of HWY 40!

The boys look adorable! I especially like the meltdown pics, though. Gotta love reality.

Missed you at the train tonight, but maybe we can see it drive through town in the morning. :o)