Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Boys being boys...oh boy!

So we had our first "boys will be boys" moment yesterday with Maxwell and his buddy Jackson (pictured here). To Maxwell's delight, Jackson came over to play yesterday afternoon and while they were sitting on the couch watching a video Jackson burped. When he didn't say anything Maria looked at him and asked, "what do we say?" to which he replied, "Excuse me."
Maxwell then looked at Jackson, grinned, burped, said, "excuse me", and both boys burst into laughter. Jackson followed with the same grin, burp, "excuse me", and more laughter. Then for 15 minutes the two of them exchanged burps and giggles (don't judge us...they are 3 and it was funny!!!).
Now I've never been much of a burping (or other bodily functions) humor kind of guy, so I'm not sure where this came from (and Patrick Jones hasn't been around to teach Maxwell this either). Pretty amazing that no one had to teach them that--they came up with it all on their own. I can already tell that raising Maxwell is going to be quite a ride. One we are excited to take!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait--there is more to come!
Grandad Upton has been thinking of what he can teach Maxwell when he comes to stay with us for a few days. I will try to keep a handle on him(Grandad that is!).I'm sure Bryce and Zachary have a few things also!
Mom

Anonymous said...

whatever, Matt. You're a burping machine.

Maxwell is growing up too quickly!

Richie

Shannon said...

good thing you clarified about best BOY buddies, or I might have to rough you up on E's behalf! :) She definitely numbers Maxmell among her favs.

(Just joshin'!)

Shannon said...

hey, just joshin' about the roughing up part not the fav part!