Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Maxwell's 3rd Birthday















Last Friday was Maxwell's 3rd birthday and we had a fun weekend of celebrating. On Friday morning the three of us went swimming and had the entire pool to ourselves (after the water aerobics class attendees left). After that we met our friends Matt, Shannon & Elizabeth Morton for lunch (and play time) at Chick-fil-A in the mall (see our friends blog "little morties" on the right for pictures from that). Maria's parents then came in that evening and we took them to our new favorite Mexican food restaurant in town, Papa Perez...yes, I know I've already corrupted my son to like Mexican food more than any other type of food.
Saturday was the birthday party at the park, complete with fruit, cupcakes with brightly colored icing, and a Very Hungry Catepillar cake.


We had a great time and were joined by friends and family to celebrate the special day. The hardest part of the weekend for Maxwell was saying goodbye to Nanny & Papa and Nana & Grandad. Since he had longer with Nanny & Papa, he was especially sad when they had to leave on Sunday. He just layed his head on the table and said, "Papa, I don't want you to go home." He has since told me more than once that we should go to Nanny & Papa's house today.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm pretty sure I took this picture, but I did not create such a cutie. Only our loving God can take credit for him. Too precious!!