Monday, February 1, 2010

Catching up

So this is my attempt at catching up on our lives in our blog--I know I won't remember everything, but I do want to record some things.

The Summer
Whew! The summer had some high points, but part of the reason I quit blogging is because it just got a bit crazy around here. Maxwell had an ear infection in early June and one thing lead to another before we decided to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out. So the latter half of June was filled with Maxwell recovering from surgery. Thankfully the surgery was a success and not only did it help Maxwell feel better, but we saw an improvement in his sleep patterns, too.

After rescheduling vacation from the beginning of July (due to Maxwell just recovering), we finally made it  to Sea World at the beginning of August. What an amazing time we had there! We don't have digital pictures of our trip yet (no, we haven't developed the waterproof film camera we bought!), but we had a great time. The highlight of the trip was feeding the dolphins (at least that was what I think was the highlight).

We came back from vacation to find out I had jury duty 2 weeks before the fall semester began and, you guessed it, I was selected for the jury (felony murder, no less). Jury duty lasted for 6 days and I went back to work the Monday before the fall semester began--right into the middle of our new student orientation (that I plan and oversee).

At the beginning of August, we also found out that we were expecting baby #3. The next few weeks revealed that something wasn't quite right though and on Thursday (3 days after I got off of jury duty) our wonderful OB/GYN Dr. Davis discovered that the pregnancy was ectopic. His original suspicion was confirmed on Friday morning and Maria was rushed into emergency surgery. Thankfully, Dr. Davis discovered that the pregnancy was ectopic when he did because we were actually about 8 weeks pregnant (we originally thought we were only 4 weeks) and Maria's tube was hemorrhaging and just about to rupture.

As I try to recall the events of the fall, the only one that comes to mind right now is that the Lord has been gracious to heal Maria's body and, as you might have gathered from my previous post, we are expecting again--this time due in early August. I think that should catch us up for now--if I remember anything else I will add it in when I can. --Matt

2 comments:

Perks said...

Glad you are back to blogging! :)

Congrats on expecting another sweet angel!!!

The Rowland Crew said...

It was great to see you both recently, albeit not under the best circumstances. I look forward to updates about your growing and changing family!