Wednesday, February 3, 2010

CORRECTION: Catching Up

So 2 days ago I posted a brief synopsis of our summer and all that had gone on since my last post at the end of May. The next night while we were laying in bed, Maria did her best to gently correct my recollection of the summer. I could tell she didn't want to discourage me from writing so she started out with a compliment that went something like this, "I'm glad you are blogging again and I enjoyed reading your post today...(short pause), but you didn't quite get the timeline correct."

I countered with a recollection of the timeline as I recalled it and, in the end, had to concede that she was correct (I have to do that a lot!). Maxwell didn't get really sick until July 4 (when we had to take him to the ER after an on again, off again ear infection that got pretty bad). The next week was when we decided he needed surgery and we were in recovery mode until the middle to end of July. So, you may ask, what did we do at the beginning of the summer?

Apparently we had a blast and I tend to focus on the negative aspects of our summer in my memory. Seriously though, Maxwell took 2 weeks of swimming lessons through the city and then another 2 weeks from our friend, Susan Myers, who teaches survival swimming. Miller also took lessons from Susan and both boys made great progress...until the sicknesses took over and apparently consumed our lives and my memory. Thankfully, we all survived and recovered and the record has been set straight. I still haven't figured out how I completely forgot all the good stuff that we experienced--I'm usually the one who is optimistic and positive. Why didn't my memory follow this time?  --Matt

No comments: