Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mood swings and stairs

What is it about little boys (maybe it is children in general, but my experience is only with boys) and their mood swings? They go from happy, happy, joy, joy, to meltdown mayhem in a matter of minutes.

Maxwell had Kindermusik today and I watched one of the other little boys in his class have a minor meltdown (all the while thanking the Lord that it wasn't Maxwell this time--trust me, he has had his fair share). Then I met Maria to look at a house (another post for another day) and Miller was thrilled to see me...at first. After a tour of the house, Maria started talking to our real estate agent, the one and only Pat Poston, he started crying and reaching for Maria as though I had just pinched him or something. I gave him to Maria and he kept fussing so I took him back and walked away so they could continue talking. He then started the all out crying fit while going limp in my arms. I just don't get the mood swings, but I must admit that there are times I want to throw myself on the ground and throw a good fit when things aren't going my way.

Speaking of houses, Maxwell loves it when we look at a two story home. Today when they drove up (I met them there from work) Maria told me that he said, "I knew it! I knew it! I knew this house was going to have stairs and look--it does!" I just love how excited they get over small things--I would probably just throw a fit about having to go up the stairs. --Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.