Monday, March 22, 2010

Maxwell's first t-ball practice...and a special lady's birthday

Today was Maxwell's first t-ball practice and he did a fantastic job! In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm not really the athletic type (shocker, I know) so we really weren't sure how Maxwell would do, but he quickly picked it up and so far has done a great job. Thankfully, Maria's family was athletic so she has helped fill in the large gaps in my parenting ability :)  Just look at the ready stance!

Despite my lack of athletic prowess, I am determined to help the boys (and the August baby--boy or girl) do whatever the Lord has gifted them to do. I've already borrowed a "t" from a work colleague and will pick up a borrowed baseball glove tomorrow so we are ready for our home practices between our team practices. Opening ceremonies are Saturday, April 10 at Olsen Field (where the Aggies play and where we took the boys yesterday for an Aggie Baseball game). I'm sure we'll have more posts about this as the season progresses, but you can also see how Miller got in on the action today (yes, we know his helmet is on backwards, but he kept putting it on this way).

On a very different note, today is a very special day because the love of my life, the mother of my children, and my best friend celebrated a birthday today. She was a real trooper starting the day with a Bible study at 6:30 AM, followed by breakfast at home, Kindermusik this afternoon for Maxwell and t-ball practice tonight. We were able to squeeze in some chocolate sheet cake and Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream so all is good. I love you, Maria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maria! Every time I say or think Maria, little LeAnn goes through my mind baby sister. You such an example of what a Godly woman, sister and wife truly were meant to be, to many more people than you know. I am honored to call you my sister. Love all of you more than you can imagine.
Skip

Anonymous said...

GO MAXWELL!!!!

GO MILLER!!!!

Uptons rule!

Uncle Skip