Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Unwanted Audience

I've gone back and forth in my mind about whether to post this, but since it is a record of our lives with kids, I thought it blog-worthy. If you disagree, I apologize in advance.

Recently, I have been experiencing what I have come to believe is a stay-at-home mom's #1 complaint--lack of privacy--and I'm not the stay-at-home mom here! I won't bore you with details, but let's just say that Miller is entering the stage in his life where he is interested in how our bodies work. As a result, I seem to have an audience each time I have to go to the bathroom. Unfortunately, the audience has even been known to grow as the family apparently chooses to congregate wherever the head of this home is. If only I got that kind of attention when I ask Maxwell and Miller to be kind to each other and share! Needless to say, I have found myself with more than one unwanted audience in the past few days.

1 comment:

Christy said...

LOL! Sound familiar. The funny thing here is that I KNOW Samantha will want to go with me when I use the restroom, so if I am home alone with the kids and Jacob is on the floor, I will ask S if she wants to come with me so that I can leave Jacob where he is rather than worrying about her stepping on him. And on the few occassions that I actually close the door, I hear "Mommy! Are you?" followed by a little whining, then crying if I don't open the door quickly enough. Sigh...but I do try to remember to take advantage of her wanting to be with me now, because in what will seem like just a few moments (but will actually be a few years)...she will probably not be wanting to spend much time with me.